Benjamin Mendy case: Second man charged with rape in court

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp

A SECOND man charged with rape, in a case linked with that of Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy, has appeared at Chester Magistrates Court.

Louis Saha Matturie, 40, of Edwin Road, Eccles, Manchester, has been charged with four counts of rape.

Appearing from the cells at Chester Magistrates Court on Monday, September 6, Matturie – who wept during the hearing – spoke only to provide his name and address, and was not asked to enter a plea at this stage.

Prosecuting, Alan Currums said there were three female complainants in the case – one of them 24 years old, another 19 years old, another 17 years old.

One of the rape counts is alleged to have happened on April 8, with the other three said to have happened on August 23.

A bail application submitted on behalf of Matturie by Robert Borwick, defending, was rejected.

District Judge Nicholas Sanders said the case would go to crown court and would be linked with that of Mendy, who had previously appeared in Chester Magistrates Court, charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault.

Matturie will appear at Chester Crown Court with Mendy on Friday, September 10.