FIREFIGHTERS discovered a car well alight this morning.
Crews were called to School Road South at around 6.20am.
One firefighter wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.
A thermal imaging camera was then used to check for hot spots
Firefighters from Northwich dealt with the incident.
A spokesman for Northwich Fire Station said: “The cause was put down as a engine fault.
“If your car shows signs of overheating, pull over, turn off the engine and call the fire service out.”