SIX men have pleaded guilty to stealing thousands of pounds worth of items from supermarkets across the UK.
The high value thefts, thought to have a value of around £150,000, were taken from several stores, including Asda in Barons Quay.
All six appeared at Chester Crown Court on Friday, March 12, where they pleaded guilty to charges of conspiring to steal.
Details of the six men are as follows:
• Nicolea Ilea, age 36, of Whitehall Road, Handsworth, Birmingham
• Forin Costea, age 51, of Darwin Street, Oldham
• Stephan Florin, age 31, of HMP Risley
• Marius Meiosu, age 25, of Darwin Street, Oldham
• Gabriel Mocanu, age 36, of Darwin Street, Oldham
• Alin Mahai, age 27, of Belvidere Road, Liverpool
As well as Asda in Barons Quay, the thieves also targeted stores in Lancashire, Manchester, Birmingham, Derbyshire, West Yorkshire, as well as those across the borders of both Scotland and Wales.
All of the offences occurred between April and September 2020.
During the course of the investigation, 27-year-old Alin Malai was arrested by detectives at Luton Airport on November 22 last year.
The six have all been remanded in custody and will return to Chester Crown Court on April 13 to be sentenced.
Source: Northwich Guardian